Guatemala Mission Trip
July 4-11, 2020
Ten years ago, Refuge Church began taking short-term mission trips when we were the Rayon City Campus of Hermitage Hills. This led us to a partnership with Las Conchas to establish a church and community development center. Working with some of the poorest of the poor, God has opened some amazing doors of ministry:
• More than 506 people have accepted Christ
• Construction of the Community Development Center/Church
• 525 children in Las Conchas school receive meals 5 days a week through the Hope Wall Project
• 16+ home LIFEgroups meet weekly in Las Conchas.
• Support of Pastor Carlos as on-site minister
Who can go?
This trip is for all ages, and many go together as a family. Spanish is not a requirement, but it is helpful.
• Participants must be in good standing with Refuge Church. We welcome friends, neighbors and co-workers to join us!
• Minors must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. In case of illness or emergency, this adult would take responsibility for them.
What will we do?
We will focus on ministries of leadership development, BKC for children and family discipleship. We can use a variety of skills on this team including teaching, crafts, recreation, music and more. You will be amazed at how God can use you! We are always in need of photographers, writers and creative types to help us share the story of what God is doing in Guatemala.
More details will be shared at the Guatemala interest meetings and trainings on YOUR specific role. God can use everyone!
Many of our team members make return trips to renew friendships and to see how God is moving in the lives of the families in Las Conchas. Our mission trips build on the idea of long-term LIFE change in Jesus Christ.
What is the Cost?
The estimated price for this trip is $1,300. Cost covers flights, lodging, most meals, and insurance. A $200 deposit is due January 2020.
All participants are required to ask for prayer and financial support from friends, family, etc. This gets others involved in God’s work.